Texas's 85th Legislative Session begins January 10th, 2017, and we need volunteers to help watch and lobby our legislators for and against important reforms and bills. If you are interested in helping out with this project, please sign up below with your email address for an invitation to join our Slack Team and Trello Boards.
What we will be working on with this team:
- Writing letters and calling Committee Members and our elected representatives
- Keeping watch on important bills as they go through the legislative process
- Organizing and participating in lobby days at the Capitol in Austin
- Organizing our friends, family, and community to lobby for important reforms
- Learning more about the legislative process and citizen lobbying
- Creating coalitions with other organizations and groups for positive change through our legislature
This is a great way to stay active politically in 2017 and to learn more about how our state government works. At the end of the day, citizen activism and citizen lobbying are key parts to our legislative process. With your help we can create real change in our state and make our voices heard in Austin. Please sign up below and look for our response email in your inbox.
Alfred Zambrano posted about Volunteer on Facebook 2017-01-28 14:24:06 -0600I signed up to volunteer for Green Party of Texas. Join me!
Congratulations! You have taken the next step to become active in the Green Party. The Party's success in building an alternative future depends on you and what you choose to do.
There are many possibilities for participation. You could engage in traditional political activities such as block-walking, phone-banking, and tabling. Or, you could work with other Greens to create citizen media such as Greenwatch or other programs. Issues based activism is a good fit with the Green Party as we work to knit the social movements together. You let us know what you want to do, and we'll help you find a way to do it.
There are many options below. Select as many as you like!