Texas's 85th Legislative Session begins January 10th, 2017, and we need volunteers to help watch and lobby our legislators for and against important reforms and bills. If you are interested in helping out with this project, please sign up below with your email address for an invitation to join our Slack Team and Trello Boards.
What we will be working on with this team:
- Writing letters and calling Committee Members and our elected representatives
- Keeping watch on important bills as they go through the legislative process
- Organizing and participating in lobby days at the Capitol in Austin
- Organizing our friends, family, and community to lobby for important reforms
- Learning more about the legislative process and citizen lobbying
- Creating coalitions with other organizations and groups for positive change through our legislature
This is a great way to stay active politically in 2017 and to learn more about how our state government works. At the end of the day, citizen activism and citizen lobbying are key parts to our legislative process. With your help we can create real change in our state and make our voices heard in Austin. Please sign up below and look for our response email in your inbox.